Thursday, September 18, 2008

Robert Scoble At Library of Congress & Seagate

Above is an interview (recorded on a phone) that Robert Scoble did with Matt Raymond who does a blog on The Library of Congress website. Matt talks about some of the projects that The LOC are working on and the purpose of his blog which is letting people know what's going on at The LOC. (click on to the next 2 clips to see LOC's photo collection and stereograph collection. What's a stereograph you ask? From the LOC site:Stereographs consist of two nearly identical photographs or photomechanical prints, paired to produce the illusion of a single three-dimensional image, usually when viewed through a stereoscope). 

I've been checking on Scoble's blog for a while now but I've never checked out his video interviews before, but as he ran a post about a bunch of new hard drives released by Seagate I thought I'd check the vid out:

I've been thinking about getting a hard drive for a while now and some of the portable ones sound good. I've got all my music backed up on to a dozen DVD's!
The guy he's speaking to has been working for Seagate for 24 years- back then a 300 MB drive was the size of a washing machine and cost US$12,000!!

No comments: